OS Survey - Please Take!

What is your ALL AROUND favorite Operating System to use?

• Linux

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Microsoft

• Mac

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1) yes
2)B windows
3) Ubuntu
4)Ubuntu is free
5)Suits my needs, most widly used meaning best support, can use it with a huge range of configurations of hardware.
6)I don't have a favourite about mac, i don;t like the OS in the least (that's my opinion of it however, many people do like it)

Have you ever used all three (Linux, Windows, Mac) Operating Systems?
Yes

When it comes to an Operating System for a Desktop PC, which OS is most useful for you?
A. Linux (please specify the flavor)
B. Windows
C. Mac

When it comes to an Operating System for a Server, which OS is the most secure and resource efficient?
Linux (Debian)

What is your favorite thing about Linux (if you have used)?
Its a "snappier" OS

What is your favorite thing about Windows (if you have used)?
The ability to run Outlook

What is your favorite thing about Mac (if you have used)?
Nothing really

i voted mac for one reason only, user friendly to the max(gotta think about the rest of the world here ya? ) and little to no maintenance and how smooth running it is all the time and very very very little danger of viruses(this of course i base on newer intel x86 macs and OSX or OSX snow leopard). I have always been a pc guy since day one, but gave in and got a macbook pro at the beginning of my college career. Primarily because i am majoring in video editing and I absolutely love Final cut pro and all of its extension, and im a heavy user of Apples logic pro for audio engineering. That said, I Love windows 7 thats on my desktop for gaming. I would have to say though, windows xp black edition or royal edition is my fav OS, due to the unlimited DOS and registry edit options that are not available on newer windows OS. That also said, i really hate APPLE as a company and all that they represent(trying so hard to monopolize and level with everyone, but i also hate how microsoft never seems to get anything to that JUST RIGHT point. Done, 2 cents worth completed.

The linux project is great, every year it gets better and better, yet, i cant say its my fav OS to use, and these days this poll doesnt really matter, because you can run all three OS on one computer if your really wanted to.

XP Black and Royal were not official versions. They were hacked up version of XP done by pirates. They were never officially supported.

i know, but he asked my fav OS overall, and never specified if they had to be retail blah blah.....

This is why i voted MAC, although, should be specified further then that.

Yes

When it comes to an Operating System for a Desktop PC, which OS is most useful for you?

B. Windows

When it comes to an Operating System for a Server, which OS is the most secure and resource efficient?
A. Linux: Any Linux OS

What is your favorite thing about Linux: There are many reasons I use Linux the main one I guess is that it can be freely distributed and works on any machine, regardless of specification. the customization and ability to modify the OS into what YOU as the user want/need out of the OS is another great feature of open source

What is your favorite thing about Windows: Because it is used in some capacity by almost everyone on the planet the usability is probably the biggest factor
What is your favorite thing about Mac: N/A

POLL:
Linux + PCLinuxOS

NO! I have not used MAC and do not plan to...ever!

Linux

Linux! I have not managed to run windows longer then three days.

Stability, security,...

Games,...just games!

No, mac use was too brief and limited to be counted.

Probably Linux by a whisker, I'm using fedora 11 at the moment

Between the three, Linux. I use openSUSE on my servers but I didn't make that decision based on security or resource efficiency.

Free(dom), package management

Generally pleasant user experience, games

What is your favorite thing about Mac (if you have used)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom