Oracle to buy SUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a moment that defines desktops. With this Linux may actually break into the "standard range" for computers. Come pre-installed and all that fun stuff. This event has already shaken redhat's stocks. Two linux powerhouses and the gaint microsoft, I say a war may soon be here. Linux is to a point where migration of software is almost seemless thats 80% of the battle now the other 20% is left to services and drivers and the like.

hmmmm....I saw the news on slashdot too. (probably kinda late, lol) Im all for the OS war. We need another one, users just benefited from the last OS war.

Oracle's powerhouse of a database seemlessly integrated with a viable scalable desktop/server OS that has built in networking that is more secure. Im lovin it.....we may be seeing the era of the "one OS to rule them all"

speaking of which, Where can a guy get a beta of MS Vista? or at least a trial version. I am out in the sticks, and I would love to test it out. I've heard a ton of speculation and stories, would like to take the ol girl out for a spin myself.

Yes I saw that on slashdot. I am all for the os war. Mabey Oracle can help improve linux as a server os even more by have such database power and move linux forward in all ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom