Okay, I switched to Ubuntu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy Ubuntu? No thanks. ;) (I installed it to see what it even was, and it didn't even work. Kept complaining about some missing file, whatever.

Thanks for the link, but I already have all this stuff down, as Debian is pretty the same as Ubuntu. :p

The General said:
Easy Ubuntu? No thanks. ;) (I installed it to see what it even was, and it didn't even work. Kept complaining about some missing file, whatever.

Thanks for the link, but I already have all this stuff down, as Debian is pretty the same as Ubuntu. :p

did you apt-get it?

i knew that you had plenty of linux experience. i originally posted it for people who were having trouble doing the things that it takes care of.
:)

TheRecluse said:
did you apt-get it?

i knew that you had plenty of linux experience. i originally posted it for people who were having trouble doing the things that it takes care of.
:)

Yeah, I apt-got it but when I run it nothing happens, and if I run it in the terminal it complains about a missing file, but I can't remember which one. I'm still at work but I'll edit this post in a while with the name of the missing file. ;)

Oh, right click on any video and go to the Open With... tab and select VLC. :)

VLC is so much better than Totem. :p

You could do something like 'sudo bash' if you really want. It's two more keystrokes... or .05 seconds. ;)

I think 'su' is like giving a linux novice a crayon and a blank piece of paper, where 'sudo' is more like giving them a piece of paper with lines to color within. Sure you can still screw something up, but it's one step harder.

Yeah, VLC is amazing for videos. I use VLC for videos and BEEP media player for music files. I used to use Amarok 1.3, but I recently got the update for 1.4, and for some reason it runs my CPU at 100% whenever I run it. I couldn't figure out how to revert back to 1.3, so I just used BEEP and turns out it's just as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom