OK I just need to know sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Sniper*

Fully Optimized
ok im sorry that i post to much about linux asking questions. But i need to know what the bare min. that linux can run off of. I mean i just keep getting these p1 know i have 3 today i got a dell latitude lm p1. im just trying to learn all about linux proballiy to fast you would say. Trying to learn, i mean i just what to know about it if even of you guys have something you can tell me or whatever. im really into getting in linux but i have to first fix;s these p1 lol.

and what the diff. i mean y is linux so good ive benn reading about it from the lowfatlinux and stuff but y is it better. And whats the diff. between the Diffrent Distro linux has.

package management............... RPM,deb,TGZ, or portage

they handle installing precompiled binaries differently, other than that, not much really

there's also a specific design philosophy on each development team; some focus on bleeding edge tech and features; others, prefer to use what's been thoroughly proven (even if it's years old, like Debian). There's also the fact that the kernel used for each distro isn't exactly stock, they've molded the hell out of it.

ya, but started with a basic setup any of that can be changed into whatever you want,sure it takes a little effort, but anyone can make their own linux distro if they want to

From experience I can say that is absolutely true. The main thing you need, especially where you have a specific requirement (to run off old hardware), all you need is a good net connection, a good distro to base off of, of which there are many many options, and a good toolchain (gcc, make, binutils, etc) which are, again, included in almost every distro. What do you plan to do with the machines?

i play to learn linux. And mess with it and stuff, but the onernet connection i dont know how to do it with this old computer. It has this i think its called a 18 bit card slot and it only has for ohne in and out. So i dont know if i can get internet with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom