NVIDIA Linux Display Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
AWESOME. BERYL ON STABLE DRIVERS!!!!! T3H W00T!

Thanks for the heads up Warez Monster! :)

Update -> downgrading to 8776 until they fix this whole "X crashing when you start ANY games" thing... :mad::mad:

The General said:
Update -> downgrading to 8776 until they fix this whole "X crashing when you start ANY games" thing... :mad::mad:
Dang it, I had my hopes up :confused:

Hopefully they get this fixed up nice and quick. I miss having Beryl, but I can't stand XGL

whats funny is nvidia broke opengl on via mobo chipsets back at like version 77.xx and they have yet to fix it yet

horndude said:
whats funny is nvidia broke opengl on via mobo chipsets back at like version 77.xx and they have yet to fix it yet

Whats a VIA chipset? ;)

UPDATE: I installed the latest beta drivers, and it seems to be working fine. What's weird about the other drivers is that Return to Castle Wolfenstein would load and play perfectly fine, but Wolf:ET would crash X and the virtual terminal would be white text on a yellow background. I think it may be a hardware problem, as about every 15 minutes my screen flashes black for a fraction of a second. Whatever, I need to upgrade soon anyway, as soon as the 8800GT comes out for $350 or less, two of them will be mine. :)

via chipset as in most socket A mobo's --> km266 kt800 etc etc etc , all varieties of via chipsets from what ive heard

I have 3 and they all suffer the same issue with nvidia drivers, openGL is broken both under linux and windows !! Its an AGP issue mostly.

horndude said:
via chipset as in most socket A mobo's --> km266 kt800 etc etc etc , all varieties of via chipsets from what ive heard

I have 3 and they all suffer the same issue with nvidia drivers, openGL is broken both under linux and windows !! Its an AGP issue mostly.

The General was just kidding. He was not serious because he had a ;) after it. He probably meant that it is old technology or not widely used anymore.

socket A with via chipsets are still sold, can be found quite easily at newegg and tigerdirect----they arent dead yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom