Now, how often do you use Windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Work is all Windows, so I gotta keep up for that reason.

Home is 2/3 Linux. Keep an XP box for my wife and a 2k laptop to play games on myself. Everything else at home is Linux and I use Linux far more than 2k.

I use Windows at work, but that doesn't count, because if I had the choice I would never use Windows. At home I never use Windows, but I do have it just in case.

I use windows constantly, although I have debian sitting on a partition on my laptop. Both computers I have are proprietary dell systems/hardware, and they don't like linux.

The second etch releases officially and I have a spare(preferably generic) computer I'll be on that a lot.

I only ever reboot to windows for games. I have firefox, instant messenger, and games on windows. That's it. Everything else is done in linux, even web browsing despite the fact I have FF in windows.

half the time... i'll usually use linux, but i've been playing more games lately so i'm in windows and too lazy to reboot to do other things until i have to

somewhere between ½ the time and 99% of the time.

I'd like to use linux more, but its a steep learning curve and I have a lot of other things I need to do at the moment, so linux is taking a less prominent role for the time being.

I made the switch to edgy about 2 months ago. I use wine for gaming. my system is a dual 2.4 P4 with 8 gb RAM. it runs F.E.A.R. better than most windows gaming systems. I have very few problems, most of them operator errors where I decided to change something and screwed it up.

Windows for gaming that's all. And because I'm in the IT field I have to use Windows Server sometime, that's just about it. All my regular desktop are on Linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom