New Ubuntu Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that info Greg. I will take a look at it now. :D

Well after a couple of restarts that "freeze" went away. So i think you might have been right. But i didnt install any new drivers or anything. As for your "drop a console" you lost me there. New to Linux and Ubuntu and i can barely figure out the Terminal let alone how to "drop a console" when i get a freeze. :laughing:

Thanks for the info. I will have to try and remember that. But at the same time. I woudlnt know what to do when there. ;)

you'll learn as you go on :). first time i started experimenting with the consoles (rather than just a terminal emulator within the DE) was when i had to install my nvidia drivers. it's great. 9/10 you can bring the system back up from a "crash" or "freeze" if you know what you're doing, which is very useful if you're running server services etc.

Yeah, try installing the drivers provided by nvidia. It's pretty easy to do, the installer will tell you what dependencies you need when you try to install it, so you shouldn't have any trouble.

you should be able to install the latest binary drivers from nvidia using synaptic package manager.

Just make sure to go to "software services" and enable all of the sources you can.

Well after a couple of restarts that "freeze" went away. So i think you might have been right. But i didnt install any new drivers or anything. As for your "drop a console" you lost me there. New to Linux and Ubuntu and i can barely figure out the Terminal let alone how to "drop a console" when i get a freeze. :laughing:

Issue fixed itself. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom