A new linux users for suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmRe

Beta member
Hi I am a windows user since I am using my computer but now I want to change my operating system from windows to linux.. But I can not choose which of one..? Suse,Redhat,Slackware,debian, and others. So that which of that do you suggesting me?
Thanks for your helps...

Thank you for your answer
I am using windows my friends says suse ise more useful for reading fat32 partition and use this partition like a flopy driver .. . What do you think about suse 9.0?

I recommend Red Hat 9 since it's easy and you can learn some Linux from it. Best thing to do is to try different ones and find the one that suits you best.

I recommend Suse........I'm still using windows, but after severe research, I found Suse is the best for anyone who don't wanna involve lighter programming and those who wanna use their computer for productivity such, Sound Recording, Video Editing and so. Nonetheless, I'm gonna try Mandrake 9.2 before I buy my new Athlon 64 system.

I'm with LostMan on this one, Mandrake 9.2 all the way. By far the easiest Linux to use. It helps make the conversion from windows to Linux... not easy, but less complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom