Need some opinions

Tech_Mex916

Solid State Member
I'm new to Linux and would really like to know what Linux software would be best to start learning on? Please give me some info, it would benefit me professionally as well as individually. Thanks in advance!! :thumbsup:

Well Ubuntu or Linux Mint are the easiest to go to from Windows. That would be the best place to start to learn Linux. Ubuntu is far more establish than Linux Mint and has a greater support team. But Linux Mint is closer to Windows than Ubuntu.

Well Ubuntu or Linux Mint are the easiest to go to from Windows. That would be the best place to start to learn Linux. Ubuntu is far more establish than Linux Mint and has a greater support team. But Linux Mint is closer to Windows than Ubuntu.

I really appreciate the quick response and I will be starting with Ubuntu. If I have anymore questions I will be sure to ask on the forums.

Please do. Having made the switch recently myself I know of the pains of trying to learn Linux from a Windows background. Jayce knows his stuff and can assist on just about anything. kmote and others also have been using Linux for a while and can contribute information. So we try our best to assist. :D

And you didn't mention me? :lol:

Yeah, Ubuntu is the easiest to use, but it uses a different interface than Windows. Easiest to learn.

Back
Top Bottom