Need help getting GRUB right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrocide

Baseband Member
Coming from this thread http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/problem-dual-booting-xp-pro-debian-193009/index2.html

Ok I managed to get closer to what I was hoping. Not exactly what i was going for but it is working so. Ok here is what I did.

Got my 2x 160s in a RAID 0 with XP on it (they were are in my SATA 1 and 2 ports). That seemed the only way it would work was in a RAID...heh oh well. Next what I did was unplug the RAID from the mobo and put in the SATA 3 port my 320. Was recommended Ubuntu or Kubuntu to start out on Linux distros. So i downloaded both and ran them on my laptop and I chose Ubuntu cause i like the feel of it better. Anyhoo used ImgBurn to write the ISO to a disc and ran the installer on the 320GB hd. Now here is where it gets tricky. The only way i can get into Windows is if i set my Boot priority to the RAID first and not go into GRUB. But if i have my Ubuntu drive set up to boot first and use GRUB to go into XP i get the same BSOD.

How can I fix this? I realize its going to be something in GRUB or reinstalling GRUB somehow. But I am a linux and terminal nooblet...think of me in terms of going from Nancy Drew to CoD4 when it comes to linux. So any links with pics or detailed instructions would me most helpful, or if u can post it that would be great too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom