Ndiswrapper in FC4

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameGURU

Fully Optimized
Can someone please provide me a run through or a how to on installing and making ndiswrapper work in Fedora Core 4 please. I tried messing with it myself and ate it all over :eek: Also, if FC4 comes with ndiswrapper that would be a help but it doesn't so I downloaded the latest release. Now I need help installing it and configuring it :)

EDIT

Whenever I try to make install the ndiswrapper...it says that the kernel sources aren't working properly or something. So, assuming that is the problem I tried to look in the add/remove software thing and I don't see kernel or kernel sources anywhere. They don't have a search feature either :mad:

any linux driver modules must be compiled against the kernel being used on the system and match the architecture used, meaning if you downloaded an rpm file for ndiswrapper and it doesnt match your kernel and cpu it isnt gonna work

if you have a kernel source installed it will be in /usr/src/linux-xx-yy-zz......this will also tell you what kernel your using, you can also use rpm to find out what exactly is installed on your system, it keeps a log or index........its a package management tool

I think the best place to start looking for help on this is linuxquestions.org and fedoras website. linuxquestions.org has a fedora specific forum

not many distros come with ndiswrapper by default

Haha, thanks. However...there is one thing Fedora Core 4 is teaching me...that is it's file managing SUCKS! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom