Native Linux Professional Web Design Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

drdos

Solid State Member
So,
I am in the main phase of my <snipped> windows once and for all movement, and I am converting my business and personal computers (at least the ones that were not already converted) to the Linux.

I am installing multiple flavours of linux depending on the box's requirements.
For my Fileservers and ColdFusion / *sql (Postgre and MySql) servers are a fully updated and Patched (at least as of today ;) ) Slackware 12.1 and the "personal" (non server) computers are ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron) with Kde and GDM (depends on my mood.....its nice to have options......right?)

So in the Process of converting I have been looking for a good linux native Website Authoring Program. (Something along the lines of Dreamweaver, where you can use code or visual layout techniques).
It would be a must to be able to interface with PHP / SQL although for the nitty gritty PHP I tend to use Zend Studio and Eclipse 6.

I am aware that you can use Crossover Pro to load Dreamweaver MX and have it run pretty stable, but I would like something that can run native with a similar feature set.

Also if anyone knows of any good IDE suites for other languages it would be appreciated
Thanks!

Dr.Dos.

I've fiddled somewhat with Linux native Web page design programs, keeping in mind that I am no expert I'd probably recommend NVU which can be found here: Nvu - The Complete Web Authoring System for Linux, Macintosh and Windows although I have not used the latest incarnation of the software, it looks like a solid proposition. I have also used it's predecessor Mozilla Composer. It comes now as a "suite" called "seamonkey" which can be found here: Mozilla Suite - The All-in-One Internet Application Suite

you might also want to check out Quanta Plus, Although this only comes Incorporated with the KDE desktop Quanta Plus Home
cheers,

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom