Nagios Network Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbduballstrs

Baseband Member
I have had success with setting up nagios in text and sql. What I'm trying to do though is get NagMin to work. I think I hve set it up correctly but when I go to it's webmin module, it tells me that I need a version of MySQL newer that version 3. I have version 5 on there so I'm kind of stumped. Does anyone know how to get it to work with MySQL 5?? I'm doing this all on Ubuntu by the way.

did you have to compile it form source? If so does it have an option in the config file to disable version checking?

no I actually ran ./setup. I have NagMin installed with MySQL 4 now but wheb I click on the nagios system database I get this error:

Error - Perl execution failed

Can't use an undefined value as a HASH reference at /usr/lib/perl5/DBD/mysql.pm line 115.

Any ideas??

perl module for mysql? if so, they can be gotten for free from cpan.org

im guessing nagios has lots of dependencies, check its documentation then check that against whats on your system presently and add what isnt there

as far as the mysql version checking, dont know other than hacking the ./setup program a bit and see what happens, sometimes specific versions of apps or libraries are needed, sometimes not, and sometimes the version checking doesnt work right to begin with----a quick and dirty way would be to make a symlink and maybe fool it into thinking you have the version of mysql it is looking for

my advice, find an ubuntu forum like at linuxquestions.org and see what you can find out, this question is a bit specialized for the talent available here to be honest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom