my laptop = dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah ok i cant get it to do anything. so i guess maybe if anyone knows how to reformat the drive as fat32?

thanks much for the time tho!

from windows with it plugged in goto I think its my computer or wherever the drives show up as icons, then right click and hit format, there should be an option for fat32, it will show ntfs by default but im pretty sure there's a drop down menu with fat32 in it

can always check the onboard windows help file for this you know, or the owners manual if windows has one

nah, it only give me ntfs as option. help seems to say that you can only convert fat32 to ntfs and not the other way around

try to obtain a copy of partition magic 8 (or somehting along those lines) and use another computer to format the drive in fat32 (there should be an option). getting access to read the drive may require some work. i'm not sure if it's the same with a livecd, but with ubuntu (another debian-derivative) i had to edit the /etc/fstab line to say:

/dev/<device> <mount point> vfat umask=0222,dmask=0000,uid=0002,gid=users,users 0 0

then you should be able to copy the files over in konqueror...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom