Multiple Web Sites on Apache

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you just wanting 2 websites? You can do that easily! Use the Virtualhost directive...google for it and you will find it. Or IM me if you need more help (JKHunholz).

Its so simple youll feel stupid for asking (i did in apache on freenode.) its in your conf file. You set your main domain to one dir then the vhost site to another. To simple.

Ya apache will direct the http queries to the proper domain via virtual hosting, you can have a whole bunch of hosts at one IP.Its all the the apache.config file, its well commented too, just a little cryptic in places, linux is a very literal and simple system really, ive found sometimes too simple, its easy to make things harder than they are.

tell me about it. Have the time I spend doing something on linux is me thinking "that was it...i must have done something wrong" then going back and checking things ;)

Thanks everyone, alas its not that easy. I was thinking 2 seperate domains, two seperate IP addresses. I want to host my wifes dental site on the same machine I have our family web site. All my company stuff is on a seperate IP on yet another machine. I don't want to create another box just for a web site, there must be a way...

I thought a 2nd nic and bind one site to 1 nic and the 2nd to another, I just do not know how to handle that in the conf file, or even if apache can do it!

Thanks again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom