MP3 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler1989

Fully Optimized
How do I listen to Music Fedora doesn't support that by defualt and I am having trouble with Winamp. How do I listen to my songs.

with Redhat/Fedora it extends into movie/film codecs/players as well, it doesnt support many of those natively either

its a simple fix, but by the time you get done "fixing" fedora and redhat you could have easily chosen something else that needed less "fixing"

Wow, I didn't know it extended that far to include video codecs as well. I just remember seeing the Mp3 bit on another forum. I guess the good folks at Redhat/Fedora are either great law abiding citizens or just lazy. :p

no, when you have a fully open source os (fedora (may be?)).. they don't want any "proprietary".. no, they are not lazy, they are just more serious about that open source thing than other distros.. mandriva and suse however, they want users be able to just use it, so they have alot of stuff already installed..

but if you install a good distro (debiain based), it's pretty easy to install everything u need :D

furtivefelon said:
no, when you have a fully open source os (fedora (may be?)).. they don't want any "proprietary".. no, they are not lazy, they are just more serious about that open source thing than other distros.. mandriva and suse however, they want users be able to just use it, so they have alot of stuff already installed..

but if you install a good distro (debiain based), it's pretty easy to install everything u need :D

any distro can easily have the necessary software added, debian doesnt have anything to do with it--------how hard it it to type rpm -i xmms....?, or installpkg xmms........or apt-get xmms?not too tough

The real question is, if a distro is so good, why is it lacking so much?

mp3 is a proprietary format who's creators have treated as open source, they could be collecting mass royalties on it,but have as of yet, chosen not to

no no no, i mean come with the cd.. i know you can install any software (made for linux) on any distro, but some distro just refuse to add it on to the offical cd.. you just have to do a bit extra work to get it working..

some distro just want to keep the cd clean of any "non-free" softwares, so that anyone who got the cd can use it without the restriction of other licences.. that's what i heard anyways :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom