Mouse not working after fresh linux 10.1 install

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitaloracle

Daemon Poster
As the topic says, my mouse doent work with a new 10.1 install. I have tried the install twice, used the updater, but still nothing. What can I do to fix this? I do *not* want to download another set of 3 isos.

EDIT: I should mention that it works fine during the installer (when you boot of the CD)

Whenever the mouse is being rendered (not the right term but that's as close as I can come). The login screen, once I login, everywhere.
Oh, how stupid of me: running X11 and KDE. console seems to work ok, but I have to use it in failsafe b/c of this mouse problem.

ok, what kind of mouse? Did your linux distro ask about the mouse during install?

Im assuming it configured X for you, if not the mouse would have been one of the things it would have asked about

not sure which distro you have, but check if there's some admin system settings with regards to the mouse you can change while in KDE logged in as root, there should be, if that doesnt fix it chances are the mouse driver isnt loaded, thats easy enough to fix.

from a terminal type ps x, and lsmod while logged in as root, and see if the mouse daemon and mouse module is loaded, the console mouse driver daemon is gpm, it will be listed when you type ps x, if youve got some weird mouse(other than a ps/2) it will have a module associated with it loaded, lsmod should show it

I had the exact same problem. I searched and searched until I found an answer somewhere online. For me it was because I had the security level on Mandrake set to high. I did some stuff recommended on a website and it fixed it. I will try to find the site again for you.

I actually just downloaded mandrake 10.0 and it works fine with security set to "Higher." Yeah, our problem seems to be far from unique with the 10.1 install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom