Motherboard Drivers For Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

OIDanTheManIO

Fully Optimized
I have been searching high and low for Linux drivers for my Matsonic (VIA) MS8147C motherboard. If anyone can't find drivers for all devices on the motherboard (like USB, sound, etc.) at least try to find the on-board network adapter, that's the priority. Thanks.

-Dan The Man

what chipsets does it use?

chances are they are already part of the 2.4.x series of kernels

OIDanTheManIO,

Yes, more likely that all the drivers will be included in your latest linux distribution.

Oh, it's a VIA KT400 chipset. But the last time I installed Mandrake, I couldn't connect to the internet automatically. Is coinfiguration required?

-Dan The Man

Well, I booted with Linspire Live! and internet the internet was already configured. I will be making the switch to Linux tomorrow when I get my new 200GB hard drive. But tell me, how hard will this configuration be and do you think that I'll be able to configure it myself?

-Dan The Man

it isnt hard, I can walk you thru if needed, although if I do that it will be the old fashioned way, I dont use GUI's for that kind of thing

biggest problem your goin to run into is that it ISNT windows, your going to have to learn everything all over again more or less

Sounds great. Thanks for all the help. As soon as I make the switch to Mandrake, I'll let you know :)

-Dan The Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom