Media Player With Web Interface?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently set up my pride and joy home server (HP Proliant Microserver) and I've got a new project for it as it's always on. I'm going to install a low profile soundcard in it with the intention to make it an audio player that can be controlled from my smartphone/other devices in the house. To this end I'm looking for a linux media player, preferably as bare bones as possible that can be used on x64 Linux, specifically Debian with a web interface. MP3 support is a must, WMA, OGG and other formats are secondary. I need something with a web interface suitable for controlling play/skip/pause and playlists if possible or at a long stretch something with an API or something through which one could be designed as I may be able to cobble together some basics on my own or with help from some of my offices' developers if they'll help.

Looking around I've found SnackAmp but I've had issues trying to get it working so far and I was wondering if anyone has any other suggestions or has done something like this before. If it's the only solution then I'll just keep hammering away.

It's been quite some time since I've asked for help, it feels good to be humble again :p. Thanks to any and all that help.

j-river media center has it but it's not free ;-( it has a full featured media server and even gizmo, a android app that can listen to music remotely as well. but that's for windows.

I know you can prolly find several xine frontends with FFMPEG streamer plugins as well on the linux side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom