Mandrake n00b > problems+questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same prob with mandrake. Im a noob and my problems match yours exactly. I dont know where to get other linux flavors. So if suse works for you can you help me out so I can get suse?

I entered all the information it wanted in xorgconfig then i entered startx and it said it failed. The only way it lets me turn off the pc is by pressing the button on the front.I cant keep doing that. The previous HDD in there broke becuase of that.

ahh.

I tried red hat 9 and mandrake 10.1 and I like them both, But I feel Red hat is more out-of-the-box, but it is kinda unstable for me. Couldnt get audio to work on mandrake, but wave out good on red hat; red hat doesnt play mp3s or cds tho. Im going to try fedora core 3 and maybe some amd 64 distros before deciding to do the full switch to linux

any linux will play ANY music format, you can even play some windows wont or doesnt do without paying for the software to do it

I had to change the output in XMMS to hear anything.

SUSE is very easy to install, just like Mandrake... only a little more complicated to create the partitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom