Mandrake 10.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameGURU

Fully Optimized
I hear this distro rocks...but I can't get to their site.

SuSE hates me so I am considering switching to them or Redhat. What do you all think?

I am looking for something noob friendly :p

Mandrake (/formaly Mandriva) would be My suggestion I have A copy of 9.1 it's exelent for Noobs H/W detection is Exelent, My advice is Stay as far away from Redhat as Possible, it is Very bloated and confusing for First time Linux Users, this is Because of All the extra Apps you have and don't use.

Hope this helps....

Jake

Mandriva definately if you want something noob friendly with all the functionality of Linux to get your hands dirty when your ready. Once you get the hang of URPMI you'll never want to look at an ugly Windows .exe ever again. :p

Great hardware detection though I did have problems getting my SB Live 24 bit to work at first but after a little coaxing she went fine. Suse 9.3 Pro is very nice as well but I spent way too long unchecking all the packages I didn't want during the install. All said and done I would highly suggest Mandriva.

okay..one more question, i hope...i have the option of formatting my 40Gig hdd to Linux Ext2, and Linux Ext3. and then of course FAT32 and NTFS..it is currently on FAT32, i am using partition magic 8 to do this with. i have mandrake 10.1 and i am ready to install it..So im trying to ask..Linux ext2..ext3..NTFS..or FAT32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom