Mail blocked from my server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mBernhardt

In Runtime
In short: I recently migrated my webserver to a new machine/distro. (Mandriva => Ubuntu)

Now, some clients are not receiving e-mails since the change over. (Things like notifications of private messages and whatnot)

I'm running through no-ip.com so I don't have a "fully" registered domain and I'm not running my own DNS. However, this wasn't causing a problem on the old server.

I think its that other mail servers are rejecting mail coming from me for whatever reason. (They don't see me as a valid sender perhaps? ie: Sendmail configuration)

Anyone have any ideas specific to Ubuntu 6 as to what I can check as far as settings to get mail through? (I know Ubuntu is "funny" with its settings)

Or if anyone has any experience on getting this working using postfix. Either will do. Really, any will do as long as it can work!

For anyone following this thread, I've found a temporary work-around for this.

I'm forwarding mail through my ISP at the moment. I'm afraid that my server itself has been spam-blocked due to the way one of my web apps was sending out mail. (Had no sender info!)

However, if anyone has any ideas on whether it might be something else, please let me know!

Copy/Paste your /var/log/mail.err and /var/log/mail.warn files. If they are too long, crop them till they fit. I just want to see the latest 50 or so lines.

Those are both empty. However, looking through my mail.log file, the I noticed I was getting a 550 bounced error mail from site XXXX blocked (in reply to MAIL FROM command)

That's sorta paraphrased. I've switched to using my ISP to forward mail, which has been working for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom