Linux with Windows Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you want to do this, use the "wine" emulator, but to be honest it isnt very good, your way better off just using linux software to do whatever you want to do

From Xandros's site: (I use photoshop and dreamweaver a lot)

Run Key Windows Programs in Xandros Desktop Deluxe
The Deluxe Edition of Xandros Desktop OS Version 3 adds several outstanding benefits:

* A special Xandros edition of CodeWeavers CrossOver Office 4.1 which lets you run popular Windows productivity software, such as Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Quicken, Dreamweaver and Lotus Notes, in Linux, without any Microsoft OS license costs
* CrossOver Office expands your Linux web browsing experience with Windows plugins
* Disc 2 with bonus applications, games, and tools

just did a search for crossover office, its built using wine, looks like it works ok most of the time

still, with the available linux alternatives I dont see the need for it myself, give it a shot if you want

openoffice
gnucash
gimp
quanta for web page design

those 4 do essentially what you do with the others

horndude said:
if you want to do this, use the "wine" emulator, but to be honest it isnt very good, your way better off just using linux software to do whatever you want to do

Note: WINE is a recursive acronym which stands for "Wine Is Not an Emulator" :laughing:

Reason being is it does not actually emulate any CPU architecture...it deals with running Windows executables in a higher-level way...

Not that this is important.

I guess I try it and the Linux software.
I don't get why these programs are out on MAC and not Linux.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom