linux Ubuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
I tried it on my 3rd computer in my sig. I just got the cd today.
So it installed and then a pop up came up saying restart the computer and take out the cd. I did that but then i got an error message. Long story short i reformatted and lost a lot of data and put xp back on. I hate xp so please help.

not sure what error message.

I thought i had everything backed up cause i have an 80gb backup hard drive.

I went online and got some of my bookmarks back but there are still other things that i am missing.

Also ubuntu formatted when it partitioned my drive which i didn't know it was going to do.

I tried it on my 3rd computer in my sig. I just got the cd today.
So it installed and then a pop up came up saying restart the computer and take out the cd. I did that but then i got an error message. Long story short i reformatted and lost a lot of data and put xp back on. I hate xp so please help.

We won't beable to help you if you don't tell us what the problem was.

i also get an error everytime i install ubuntu but it just a check then reboots a second time then it loads up everything fine.. just try it again and let it do what its gotta do.

Guess i will try again when i get another hard drive incase something goes wrong so i don't have to format or put xp back on.

yeah, I had a similiar problem...I accidently partitioned XP to 30gb and Ubuntu to 190gb instead of the other way around :S I ended up re-installing both OS's and now have a shared 150gb between the two.

If you already lost your data on XP why not give it another go...at worst you'll lose an hour or w/e it takes to set the stuff up again.

Thats alright i am working too much to have to do that. I might be getting a core 2 duo after i sell my 1 computer so then i will try linux again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom