Linux Ubuntu 11.04 not even booting to desktop stage?

It depends on which bootloader you're wanting to use.

Are you wanting to use XP's bootloader, Vista's bootloader, or Ubuntu's GRUB2 bootloader?

last time i had finished win xp but restarted to give error ntldr not loading and output disk read error....
Now i am trying ISO win8.1,
but seems no files are assigned to system reserved partition.....that are supposed to like boot.ini, recycledbin, filesystemdata....etc to 350 MB

So i was not able to fresh install win 8.1, as hard drives failed to even show.
Then i again reformatted it with winXP msdos as fat32 first and then ntfs quick.
Then i booted it with winXP again and in the partition selection deleted L all the partitions system reserved as well and merged unallocated as a single unit. Then fresh intall continue over the C partition and the system therein itself reserved 8MB for file system and after installation completed.
Then First boot caused this error
boot.ini file invalid file and still booting but stalls unable to boot
then i restarted again and pressed r for recovery console but instead of loading 1 windows in c:
it gave me this error code?!!!
system registry does not have active control set key
\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM something
so now how to type in bootcfg /rebuild...
I then copied some files from windows to tmp bak files...
and deleted files as suggested in help page..
but then again copying repair files to replace them.....doesn;t work....
But bootcfg / rebuild has been done...and recovery console is also working fine....

Last edited:
Now i sort for assistance guidance on the internet and came to this video file page...
https://youtu.be/6OkiC0h2PjM
I liked working on this software so much nice technology i reformated my jetflash 2GB pen drive with windows XP professional i386 folder and booted my pc ageing hard drive with it. I just wanted to test my learning process as well.
So booting was fine and but installation was too much slow took hours to move to 12% installed files....so i shut it off. Whereas i thought that booting installing through different media like pen drive might had faster results as DVD-CD drive were infact slow!!!

wish there was a considerable effort in creating a new software development of operating system alternative to windows and macintosh versions like linux os. But these linux os are confusing as they have irrational erratic behaviour with graphic card installed. So alternative operating systems to save that day if all else have been failed.

Back
Top Bottom