linux server setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

regiemon

In Runtime
hello

have a friend will be going to setup an internet cafe
he will be using a suse for the server
he would like to know how he could control the internet connection of the workstations. meaning, he could turn off/on the internet connection of each workstation. how we could do that?

thank you in advance

do you know some iptables for dummies?im trying to learn iptables and spending much time in reading iptables tutorials in the net.but having a hard time learning it.

Probably be easier to use Suse as an Xserver and then use thin clients for the nodes for users, wouldnt have to change any of the networking involved, just the logins for the users. It would also be easier to control what software the users can run that way too.

I believe there's a LiveCD Distro aimed just at what you are trying to do. I'm, of course, going to be completely unhelpful by not supplying the Distro name because I can't recall it off the top of my head.

Google "live cd list" and go to the first site. (FrozenTech or something like that) A bunch are listed there.

so use the SuSe box as a dhcp server with either dns/cache service and/or masquerading/packet forwarding, that way you can control which machines have net access

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom