Linux really worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe with Command Shell but with the new PowerShell, all that is changing. The new PowerShell is almost like the Terminal in *NIX now. ;) By default in Win7. At least in the Ultimate versions i tested...

I did notice that in my VM of Win 7 Ultimate. All I can say is, "It's about **** time." :p

Yes. I made mention of it along with giving a list of the commands that it has to offer in one of my review threads.

It is far more powerful now. Yeah it is about time. I am going to learn to use this a bit more to get more comfortable with "terminal". :p

Yeah man. I like having the option of terminal or gui. It's great having variety with your preference cause there's times I'd rather just fire up the terminal and punch some keys and be done with it. In Windows (XP for example) I felt like I was just really confined to ipconfig and ping. :(

It's nice to see that a more "advanced" terminal is in the future of Windows. I know I'll certainly use it.

Back to the original post..
Why dont you just download Wubi... so that you can dual boot vista and ubuntu... and then if you dont like ubuntu or you still have problems, you can boot into vista and just uninstall like an ordinary program.
Just a suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom