Linux Installation Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH YEAH i remembered that i DID figure out what the problem was on my computer, it was using the "nv" drivers instead of vesa, that solved it

just do a sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg and change the driver to vesa instead of nv

that is ... if thats your problem.

alright so when I type dpkg-reconfiger xserver-xorg it says it can't find the package

"failed to open package info file.....no such file or directory.."

and so i went looking and there's no /dpkg/available directory.

I used the dselect dpkg thingy to download the packages because i thought maybe they weren't installed for some reason...

...it downloads them and then when it tries to install it gives me the same error about not being able to find the /available directory

Well... That command should have worked. Mabey you typed it wrong (as you did in the last post). It is installed by default so you don't need to install it.
You do not need to run it as root with sudo as recovery mode automaticly logs you in as root.

no i didn't type it wrong.

Why is it looking for packages in the "/dpkg/available" directory when that directory doesn't even exist?

....everytime I use dpkg-reconfigure it looks for whatever package i put after it in a directory that doesn't exist!

So what do I do!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom