Linux installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you need to get booted up into Suse in safe mode I guess, you need to find the freaking grub file and get in configured properly.To be honest Im not sure where its gonna be or what you will have to do to it, goto linuxquestions.org and search for the answer,Im not a Suse expert, these automated installs are all different from one distro to the next.

If you can get logged in as root, try "grubconfig" or "man grub" that may give you some clues, oh ya type those commands in from a terminal screen---blank screen with a prompt.Not sure if grubconfig is right, it may be grubcinfigure or something else.

how do configur the grub file from the text console thing? if i just type grub, it bringv me to the grub p[lace or w/e

try pico its an editor thats pretty easy to use, or try vi thats another editor, its a little more complicated, better find some directions for vi before you use it Not sure what ones you have installed.Another one is nano.

Just type any one of those and hit enter, if its installed it will run

yo horn dude, i installed slackware, i need help man, got few problems. i posted a thread, plz look

I always recommend Mandrake 10.0 Final, it is very easy to use and install. I like it a lot. But of course, this is your choice, not mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom