Linux help

Status
Not open for further replies.

zap

Baseband Member
is linux really hard to learn.. Like i want to game alot. would tat effect me?

i'm not sure i understand your question... linux can be as hard as you want it to be. if all you're gonna use it for is the internet there's not much of a learning curve to it... if you want to code with it and really learn how it works it's probably going to take considerable effort.

Linux isn't great for gaming. Stick with Windows for that. But apart from that, Linux isn't really hard to learn.

i have heard that linux is steady for online games(multiplayer) and is recommended for Hot-Gamers. I want to ask something:
i have an acer aspire 1603LM (Laptop)... Can i put Linux as operating system?
it is possible? in acer it doesn't refer anything! Which Linux packet is the best for this action?

IF you want to see if linux will run on your PC, go to http://www.phlak.org/modules/mydownloads/ and download PHLAK. It is an ISO image, so u need to burn it to a disc, then reboot your PC with the disc in the drive. It is a live disc which means it will run right off the CD with no installing or anything being written to the hard disk. If your machine boots up, and everything is working fine, then your computer is linux ready. For a good distribution, i recommend suse personal edition 9.2. there are many others out there, and i recommend doing your research on which does what before you install anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom