Linux firefox middle mouse button...

Status
Not open for further replies.

neo214

Baseband Member
when I click it to scrool down or up on a web page, it takes me to the copyed URL I have in my clipboard, now I know everyone seems to love this feature, but how do I get it to scroll when I hold it down? I notice that in linux that feature is found nowhere in the OS.

how would I change it (if I can) to scroll like it does in windows?

usually people set the middle mouse button to "open link in new tab"

i dont think that lame middle mouse click, to moving mouse to scroll is a feature in gnome ... its kind of stupid if you think about it. the scroll wheel/ball is there TO scroll, why should there be three modes to scroll?

of you want to move the mouse to scroll around, just left click on the scrollbar and drag it.

Hmm, well I always use it because it's sort of like an end page for big pages, or you can really move anywhere on the page without moving your hands at all and still have an visual reference. the ball is too much work.

neo214 if you find a solution please let me know!!!... please!

it is irritating me, not just in firefox but in everything. Clicking the scroll wheel is habbit picked up while using windows and as you can imagine it gets kind of annoying under linux when the page keeps changing. Under windows it didnt really matter. Now i'm primarily using linux my finger keeps twitching but i have to say no!!!

I'm sure there is a fix for it somewhere, I know it's not an option you can just turn on, but like the smooth scroll add on for firefox, you can probably find a push the middle mouse scroll for KDE or Gnome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom