Linux Easy To Install And Maintain As Compared To Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockaway

Solid State Member
It has been seen that most of the people use windows for common application that is-

1. Office applications (MS Office, Open Office or other alternatives
2. Brows the web
3. Read emails
4. Read news (RSS)
5. Chat
6. Listen to music
7. Review their pictures

But to have these application we have to install windows itself and then we would be able to -

* Read emails
* Browse the web
* Chat (Only on MSN)
* Listen to music
* Review pictures

But inorder to enjoy you have to install and pay for windows and also you need to install antivirus also.
You have to pay for MS Office installation too.
One thing noticed about windows is that it is not good with Firewall.

Now lets talk something Linux too.
Its the booming software in PC market.To enjoy all the functionalities you just need to install Linux and you get them all,
in one installation.
You dont even have to install any antivirus or any firewall.
Just forget them and enjoy the functionalities given by Linux.

But as it is said that every coin has two sides Linux as it has all good functionalities at the same time it seen that,
it is not much compatible with most of the latest games.
But taken a deep look you will see that it is not linux that it is not supporting gaming softwares,
it the game companies that are not making such games that are linux supportive.

Sorry but the point of this is what exactly?

Really tired of Windows vs. Linux arguments...i'm presuming you dont use Windows?

Well i use Windows, always have and i like it. Does what i need it to and easy too.

Oh i have used Linux too, Ubuntu, SuSe, and years ago Fedora Core 4 and Red Hat also. Just too much messing about for me, i just prefer Windows.

Sorry but the point of this is what exactly?

Really tired of Windows vs. Linux arguments...i'm presuming you dont use Windows?

Well i use Windows, always have and i like it. Does what i need it to and easy too.

Oh i have used Linux too, Ubuntu, SuSe, and years ago Fedora Core 4 and Red Hat also. Just too much messing about for me, i just prefer Windows.
But htat is just the point. It is all about personal preference. I use both and couldnt be happier.:p

I USE windows/Vista...I tinker, installed...Linux....

lol

but yeah, not much point to it, hehe

But some people are still a little bit "ignorant" as to what is what...

For example...MS cannot include all things we think they should include but it is fortunate that they can include some things. Their security has to be minimal in order to support 3rd party apps. This was decreed by some judge...as strange as that sounds.

Windows not that good with firewalls? Not sure what that's trying to claim...works good with firewalls to me.

Linux has to be free in order to compete with commercial Windows...you should then really admit to what is what...that yes, Windows/Vista is indeed a very good product.

Windows/Vista can do EVERYTHING out of the box and not some limited list put forth by an obviously biased person.

bias stated....I love MS/Windows/Vista hehe

and, I am also an adult, not some 12 year old still clinging to "my NES is better than your Sega Master system" routine.

ahh
:D

See Tofu at the same time Linux can be all of that and more. I have several themes on my Ubuntu install that are much better than Vista's Glass theme. Being open source you have much more freedom. that is the plus to Linux.

But it all takes time. I have used Windows since i was your age Tofu (Granted that was 18 years ago...) and i still love my Windows. I still use it cause i know it better than any OS. I am even galled the Windows Guru for some reason. :rolleyes:

But i have used Ubuntu and i must say that for what it is. IT is great. There has been a span of weeks where i did not enter Windows cause i was so comfortable with Linux. While it is a change. It is great.

Bah! I call your NES and play my Neo Geo!

I have to concede...Neo Geo was the best ever...still is ;)
16bit powah

and it's all good mak...meaning all the competition out there...(but ms is supposed monopoly) :D....

I would just like people to know what is what, rather than assuming...know it..and choose what you prefer and it's just a good world. No I am not on drugs :)

Wine is working well for Linux. It can run many games now. Even some of the newer ones as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom