linux

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggest trying the following distros, they are very user friendly and great for people starting out with Linux:

Kubuntu
Kubuntu - The KDE Desktop

Mandriva
Mandriva One - Mandriva Linux

PCLinuxOS
FTP archive directory /pub/metalab/distributions/texstar/pclinuxos/live-cd/english/preview/
ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/metalab/distributions/texstar/pclinuxos/live-cd/english/preview/

This is the distro I use and recommend, Why because it works right out of the box. No need to configure Everything, everything just works. It also comes as a 1 CD install that is a live CD that you can install later if you wish.

Mephis
MEPIS | discover the possibilities...

Jake

Ubuntu 7.04 is great. You can use it as a LiveCD for testing, but that usually doesn't last long, as you'll want to install it. The LiveCD has a simple 5 click or so installer, and you can mount existing FAT-32 and NTFS partitions read/write by clicking their icon in the Computer place. When it's installed, you have to enter admin password to open a drive, or you can edit /etc/fstab (like any Linux distro) to mount drive at boot-up. You get Firefox, OpenOffice, video/audio players, Evolution email (which I never used), Gaim Instant Messenger, Synaptic Package Manager and apt-get commandline package manager, a bunch of games, some awesome 3d screensavers, and much more.

hahaha sorry, just type linux into google and you will get thousands of results about different linux types

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom