linux

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek: there are over 1000+ linux distros all designed for various uses what kind of use are ou looking for???? a windows alternative, a high security, visually attractive, a mce what do you want from the operating system and there is likely to be one designed for your need plus the normal general ones

thats only the major distro's as I said there are 1000+ I think one tech company did a research study about 2 years again and found 2450 different seperate distro's but obviously only about a 100 are mainstream

if id want to switch from winxp to linux, which is the best version?
semi competent, fast learner, seeking to personalize
which linux is self-learnable and intuitive?

well every linux distribution has freely available development files and it is the same with most of the programs which are all open source as well so if you know basic programming you can edit programs or even the entire os to your needs.

Ubuntu is a good starting point it is easy to use comes on a live cd which means it can run off the cd without being installed so you can trial it through just using it via cd to see if you like the layout then install

pc Linux has everything on the cd so you you can do live CD as well. PC Linux is better than Ubuntu, IMO. I had some trouble with Ubuntu: I couldn't mount the hard drive to access my files using the live cd, but I could with PC Linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom