Linus Torvalds wins 2012 Millennium Technology Prize

Status
Not open for further replies.

helix2301

In Runtime
Congratulations to Linus Torvalds the creator of Linux on winning the 2012 Millennium Technology Prize this award is equivalent to winning a Nobel Prize. The Millennium Technology Prize is rewarded every two years for a technological innovation that significantly improves the quality of human life of today and in the future. I think Linus deserves it he gave away an idea that was worth billions. He is all class. His open source innovation paved the way for all the open source products of today. Making Linux open source started a whole movement into open source around the world. Linus Torvalds is a true innovator and deserves this prestigious award. Congratulations Linus you DESERVE IT!

To say Linus has changed a huge portion of the technology era with Linux would be an understatement. I would love to sit down with that guy and buy him a beer. After all, sometimes I feel like I owe him a thanks. I really doubt I'd have a career in technology if it were only a Microsoft/Apple world. It just seems so boring to me otherwise.

To say Linus has changed a huge portion of the technology era with Linux would be an understatement. I would love to sit down with that guy and buy him a beer. After all, sometimes I feel like I owe him a thanks. I really doubt I'd have a career in technology if it were only a Microsoft/Apple world. It just seems so boring to me otherwise.

Yeah I'd love to buy him a beer too, then we can both discuss Richard Stallman and talk about how free the beer is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom