Lindows question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DashDigi

Solid State Member
Just recently i installed Lindows as a second operating system on my laptop computer. My first OP is windows XP. The original problem that i am having is that every time i try to change the resolution of the screen to make it bigger i have to restart the comp which is normal but when i boot up again into the Lindows partion the comp always ask me for a password and user name. The user name is that of the comp but i never set a password on the comp. The comp states the following: Linux on ttly. I have no idea what is causing this so i came to the experts on this. Any idea any one?

'Can't undertand u: if u need win-like OS or really posix-based os?
You can install anything like Lindows but..
I' d prefer Debian as stability&quality or Mandrake as the comfort-in-use, NEWER lindows - it's the way into the big Bill troubles world// Want??!!!So welcome you are!//

Im confused by people who use Lindows, I assumed that most people went to Linux because they hated Windows?
Who would have thought that anyone would have wanted to use Lindows. It just doesnt make any sense.

macdude425 said:
I'll say this...Lindows sucks. Go out and get a copy of Fedora, SUSE, Debian, ANYTHING but Lindows.

I've had more problems with it than Windows; no kidding.

And does it say "Linux on ttly" in a window or at a command line?

It states "Linux on ttly" on a command line and am just wondering why?

bigbmxdave said:
Im confused by people who use Lindows, I assumed that most people went to Linux because they hated Windows?
Who would have thought that anyone would have wanted to use Lindows. It just doesnt make any sense.

Oh no!! i don't hate windows. I just wanted to try lindows as a try out thats all so i installed it on another partition.

after everyone has bashed lindows but not answered his question.........

That sounds like a command prompt your getting, all you need to do is login, if a password hasnt been set the you wont need one.Not sure how lindows is setup, Im suprised it starts out that way, it should boot up and start the X server and go from there.Check the lindows website if it has one, then start searching for a lindows forum to ask questions on, linuxquestions.org might have one, not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom