Kubuntu and Yaboot on PPC Problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

andydude117

Baseband Member
Ok, so like most other people posting in this section, I have to say, I am also a "n00b" when it comes to linux. I've played around with live cds and such, but I want to learn more so I'm gonna install it on my PowerMac G5 (Dual-boot).

I have chosen to start with Kubuntu, becase I like KDE better than Gnome, and I heard Ubuntu is pretty easy to use. (Keep in mind that I'm just starting out, and I'm not gonna use like Slackware or something). Everytime I post something about linux in other forums, they say something like, "Bah, don't start with Ubuntu, that's for wimps!" Yeah, yeah, I AM A WIMP!

So, I partitioned my external 300GB firewire drive into three parts: 5 gigs for my ext3 filesystem, 5 gigs for my booting thing, and the rest for OS X. :D

I get to the part where it says "installing yaboot" or something, and it says it failed. I click ok, and go to the next step, but when I restart, it just goes into OS X, no yaboot. :angry:

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong here. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I thank you for your time.

-Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom