Kororaa XGL Live CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg

Indeed.
Has anyone tried this before? I don't want to screw with installing XGL and Compiz right now, but I am curious from all the hype they're getting. I would have tried it already, but I am not sure how well it would work/look with 3 monitors. Hopefully the Live CD will just use one.

The Live CD has been taken offline "due to GPL violation by distributing the ATI and nVidia drivers with the Linux kernel," but you can find plenty of mirrors that are still hosting it on Google.

Yeah, I tried it. It works really well! Worked on Intel graphics, nvidia, and ATI. I tested it out on all sorts of computers. :)

Hmm, it kept getting stuck on another computer I tried as well. I will try find the MD5 for it so I can check the file.

I have one last computer I can try it on that has any chance of running it.

Thanks for that, Jake. I ran the MD5 and they matched exactly. I think I might have a problem with my CD-ROM drive, so I will double check all the connections and jumpers and then try it again.

i love this!

i'm having trouble getting xgl to run on ubuntu though. i think it's because i have an intel i915 mobile chipset. i can only find tutorials for nvidia and ati cards.

anyone have any suggestions? could i maybe pull the config off of the kororra cd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom