knoppix 5.1 blank screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

office politics

It's all just 1s and 0s
We were going to image some machines over the weekend, but ran into a couple issues.

for the hp dc5800s, it would boot to the cd and show the splash screen where it prompts you to press enter to boot. The loading progress bar runs, but after that it shows a blank screen. cd activity led would not light up afterwards. We tried this on mulitple ho 5800s and every one experienced the same symtoms.

We are able to load knoppix with the same cd on other machines that are different models

On another box, as its booting it shows some thing like cannot load knoppix files. knoppix will run with a limited set of commands. **it shows list of commands**

We can load knoppix with same cd on other machines that are the same make & model.

Please let me know what i can do to troubleshoot

i really think its the model of the machine rather than the monitor. i could rule this out by trying the dc5800 with a known good monitor.

i found this but i'm not sure what it means.

booting knoppix, blank screen at kernel image load - Knoppix.net

Hi there, I had the same problem with my laptop, and I fixed it by using

knoppix26 noscsi apci=off

though I've read since that using nolapic works instead of turning off power management, which is safer for the laptop. Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom