KDE wont start after Kernel Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameGURU

Fully Optimized
This is...insane. I get some updates off of the net for Linux SuSE 9.1 Pro. I also get one for Kernel. Now whenever I start up linux...I cant see my desktop. It's just some lines of stuff and I dont even see any desktop. Complete n00b BTW. There is alot of text on this screen and I am completley confused here. I am in init 5, it is also set as the defaul init...what gives?

As a guess I would investigate your video card drivers. They may not be loaded into the new kernel and this may stop you x-server from starting, hence KDE won't load. Your most likely logged into the standard terminal in whatever shell you have specified.

The text is most likely the startup information written to the standard output.

Your normally presented with a login prompt...

well i guess i fixed it by reintstalling...lol but im having trouble putting 6800 divers on...

I can't beleive you even wasted your time posting.

(All you needed to do is reconfigure X with xf86config or xorgconfig.) And if thats not the answer try reconfiguring the kernel for hardware specifics.

mdshort said:
I can't beleive you even wasted your time posting.

(All you needed to do is reconfigure X with xf86config or xorgconfig.) And if thats not the answer try reconfiguring the kernel for hardware specifics.

Sorry...kinda new at linux buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom