KDE Compilation Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

macdude425

Member (again)
I just downloaded the source for KDE 3.5, and it has been smooth sailing until now. Whenever it's compiling the qt-x11-free-3.3.5 package, it always crashes with this error:
Code:
{standard input}: Assembler messages:
{standard input}:38: Error: symbol `dev' is already defined

Before it crashes, I also get bombarded with warnings, most of them like this:
Code:
../../../../src/kernel/qjpegio.cpp:486: error: `jpeg_set_defaults' undeclared
   (first use this function)
../../../../src/kernel/qjpegio.cpp:507: error: `jpeg_set_quality' undeclared
   (first use this function)

What can I do to fix this? TIA.

what did you use to compile it, which gcc version, and are you using konstruct to build it?

I got it to compile cept for kdevelop, havent been able to fix it or figure what the problem is either, and it was assembler related too.......makes me wonder if its the nasm package? might be, but im not sure why unless KDE has some assembler language parts in it

best bet honestly is probably trying to find a KDE forum or sending an email to someone at kde.org........send the compile log file(it should have one) and gcc version and any other pertinent package versions and see if they can help

these compiler issues can be difficult.........I dont have the skills to do anything but guess most of the time

:bump:

More problems are popping up, namely this one.
Code:
[===== NOW BUILDING:     libmusicbrainz-2.1.2   =====]
        [fetch] complete for libmusicbrainz.
 ==> Running checksum on libmusicbrainz-2.1.2.tar.gz
90e1bc20dea4b90e3ae53ef4c4746d53  download/libmusicbrainz-2.1.2.tar.gz
md5sum: MD5 check failed for 'download/libmusicbrainz-2.1.2.tar.gz'
*** GAR GAR GAR!  libmusicbrainz-2.1.2.tar.gz failed checksum test!  GAR GAR GAR! ***
...and then it stops.

Is there some way I can tell it to download from somewhere else?

download musicbrainz from somewhere else and then put it in the directory konstruct uses for source files........dont remember where that is exactly but I had to do that with libid3tag cause all the websites konstruct tried didnt have it

once you have a good copy in the right place konstruct will pick back up right where it left off w/o a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom