Just some basic help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam123

In Runtime
Alright. Im actually ON my live CD of Ubuntu. I like it, its nice, its the one i want. Im wondering if itll run BETTER if i got the hardrive version, and actually had it running like that. If so, ill download the program, but i dont really know how LILO works and stuff like that, if anyone could enlighten me, or send me to some websites to learn about this, it'd be great.

Yes, it will run much better if you actually install it instead of using it from the CD. Ubuntu will install grub for you, which is a program just like lilo, so all you need to do is run the installation on the CD. If you have a windows partition that you want to save, make sure to tell it that during your installation. But it's very easy to install.

Yes, it will run much better if you actually install it instead of using it from the CD. Ubuntu will install grub for you, which is a program just like lilo, so all you need to do is run the installation on the CD. If you have a windows partition that you want to save, make sure to tell it that during your installation. But it's very easy to install.

Seconds that. Ubuntu is very easy to install, the hardest parts are partitioning you hard drive if you duel boot and setting the time, honestly. If you think this install will be hard your'll be pleasantly surprised at the end. Its a good distro for beginners and has a good community are www.ubuntuforums.org.

Hahah yeah, i installed installed, MAN that was easy. The partitioning wasnt even hard since ive uninstalled and installed windows so many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom