iptables rc.firewall configuration for....

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkmuck

Beta member
I have a linux server setup using slackware 10 (didn't have time for a stage 1 gentoo again) with a web server and ftp server. I was wondering if anyone has experience with iptables and setting up an rc.firewall init script. I have the configuration working, sort of for port 81 (my webserver) but can't figure out how to open multiple ports and I don't think its working right

best clue I can give you is goto http://www.tldp.org and start reading everything you can find there, iptables has a zillion options and it gets pretty complicated

I know a little, but not enough to really be of much help without making you really confused and lost, some of this will be part of your apache configuration though

try linuxquestions.org too, I think theyve got some tutorials and there's certainly a lot of really saavy guys there

your going to need to refine your questions a bit too, what your asking means some reading on your part first I think.......and being able to decide and explain exactly what you want, then after you think youve got it, testing it to be sure

wish I could help more with this :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom