Introducing the Google Chrome OS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Browser is not the OS guys. Wired.com is wrong in that aspect. I posted that information in my post the 2nd on of the thread. Chrome OS will run on top of a Linux Kernel. It is going to be based from the browser and is not the browser itself.

So it will have local storage and it will have much more. But as i have also said Google can keep quiet. Cause they are calling all OS's outdated but then refuse to support 64 Bit. Umm DUH.

This is not a "launch" as it a year away. Well, maybe Google is taking clues from Nvidia... Anyway, this announcement tells us very little. Hopefully they will give us some reason info as they go.

Google is just unix friendly in general I site <Bsd> - Google Search originally made for the FreeBSD project, in fact I think google used to exclusively run freebsd servers in the early day's.

Surely they could of come up with another name besides chrome.
Every time I hear the name chrome, I am either thinking

Chrome by VNV Nation

or

chrome-wheels.jpg

Chrome Wheels for cars.

Doesn't seem like it would be useful for any kind of computer to me. The web browser the main OS? That's pretty much saying the only thing you can do is look at the internet. I'm assuming you can't use any 3rd party software. Yeah it's a netbook but you still need other programs too...

To some people (like my dad) that is all they do.
Welcome to Web 2.0.

Well it took me a while, and even though I didnt read every word of every reply, I do know one thing. Well a few things actually.

1) Some people lean toward *Nix's, yet understand and appreciate the value of Windows OSes.
2) Some people lean toward Microsoft OSes, yet understand and appreciate the value of *Nix OSes.

Though debate is one thing, it seems these things come to a this versus that. I do not want to say any more than that except for this: it is okay to disagree, and it shouldn't get to "personal". Yeah I know, butt out oldfool. :p

To some people (like my dad) that is all they do.
Welcome to Web 2.0.
Yeah that's true, I think a lot of people just browse the web while on the computer. I would still want the option to install different media players for music, or messengers ect. I guess you could just use the websites though. I realize that it's using a Linux Kernel, so it's not just the internet. I didn't realize that before I typed that post, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom