Installing Ubuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.
god dangit.... i think i'll just have windows vista beta for the ds3.... ubuntu can wait.... lol

i tried... i'll do more reading :(]

but one more thing... where's gparted...

On the live CD its in Applications > Administration > GNOME Partition Editor, in installed Ubuntu you need to open a terminal and do sudo apt-get install gparted, then it will be in Applications > Administration > GNOME Partition Editor.

well i solved my problem and just deleted all the partitions in windows.....

vista beta here i come...

and thanks to anybody who attempted to help me, its really appreciated... i'll give this another go once they have x1950 drivers :eek:

*edit*
erm... nevermind, vista beta's no longer being given out... lol

Yeah, drivers tend to lag a bit with nvidia, but they lag a lot for ATI. I think they just added support for the X1*** series like 3 months ago or something. Whereas nvidia's G80 drivers are already out for Linux in beta form. I think it might have something to do with the fact that nvidia uses one standard binary that is OS independant, so if they write a G80 driver for Windows, they also have written it for Linux and Mac OS as well. I don't know if this is how ATI's drivers work too or not, but it would make a great deal of sense for it to work that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom