Installing in Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirCyber

Daemon Poster
I'm trying to get flash player 9 installed on my linux os... I'm currently in terminal and it's asking
Please enter installation path of the Mozilla, Seamonkey, or Firefox browser (i.e., /usr/lib/mozilla)
how would I find the installation path, or can I get direct directions from one of you guru's out there for linux?

What distribution are you using?

My guess is that it's /usr/lib/firefox

If it's not then do a "whereis firefox" and look through the relevant paths it gives you for one that contains a "plugins" directory. Relevant meaning not /usr/share/man/*, /usr/bin/*, etc.

Is linux fun and easy to use? I'm leaning to try it.
If you ease into it it can be pretty fun/easy. Don't rush or it could get frustrating. For example, it always scares people off if they try to compile something when they don't even know any of the basic terminal commands.

Go ahead and try it out, you've got nothing to lose.

I've been enjoying it for a while. I'm using a redhat varient, called Linux XP... it's a windows emulator. I'm trying now... and got this:
WARNING: /root/Desktop/install_flash_player_9_linux/whereis firefox is not a directory. Please enter blah blah blah already posted before

You gotta kill that script before you can run the whereis command (I think that's your problem, anyway). You're running the installation script that came in the tar, right?

"ctrl + c" will most likely kill it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom