Installing from CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirCyber

Daemon Poster
well, got a new one for you linux people out there. Installing from a CD. I used the directions from the following site UO Stratics - UO on Linux to try to install Ultima Online. the directions to use wine don't seem to be working, and I know that I have wine. so.... how in the world do I install my game? the site is very useful and I thought straightforward, but apparently not. well, I will leave this to the posters!

If you know you have Wine installed, first make sure your CD drive is mounted. I'm going to assume Ubuntu, as that's what I'm used to, so try to follow along for your particular distro. Ubuntu automatically configures CD-ROM drives to mount when installed, so if you have a CD drive, it will show up as /media/cdrom. Wine should have already mapped a Windows drive (such as D:/) to /media/cdrom, but you can check this by doing "winecfg" in terminal and checking the Drives tab. Make sure your CD is inserted in the drive, and that Linux recognizes it and that the drive is mounted (as in, you can read it in Nautilus or whatever file manager you use). Then do "winefile" in a terminal. You will see something that looks like Windows Explorer. Go to your D: drive and navigate to wherever the setup file is. Double click it and it should run in Wine. (According to the site, it's Setup2D.exe, on the root folder of the CD.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom