iMac G3 700MHz with Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

f_lightning2001

Baseband Member
I got Ubuntu finally loaded on this thing and all it does is go to the Ubuntu logo screen and then nothing. Just a black screen. I've heard people talking about changing the xorg.conf, but I'm new to linux and I'm not 100% certain what to do. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks but I finally figured it out. I had to hit ctrl-option-F1 to go to command prompt once the disc booted up. Then type "sudo nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf" to edit the X.org. Once there find Load "dri" and put a # in front of it. Scroll down to the bottom and find HorizSync and VertRefresh and change the values to 58-62 and 75-117. Then control + o, enter, control + x. Then type "sudo killall -HUP gdm. After that it worked great. I don't think I can have any 3d effects but that's okay for me. Thanks again.

You also can't have flash. There is no adobe support for PPC chips running Ubuntu. I know... I tried myself. I ended up uh... coming across... OSX 10.4... and now I'm running that on my iBook G4 instead of Ubuntu so I can at least have flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom