I'm looking for a New OS.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
I'm looking for an OS to support a Home Network on a Server based hardware Tower Server. I'm wanting a GUI and ease of use and not to be to complex to use. Can anyone provide recommendations and hopefully be able to suggest something of a smaller installation.

I've got Ubuntu 14.04.1 installed but no GUI unfortunately and I'm stumped as to how to use it except other than to learn the full command line.

from the Ubuntu command line...
"sudo apt-get install gnome" will install a GUI and all dependencies.

For ease of use... you'll probably be better of on a Windows box :tongue:

Is it possible to buy a License Key from Microsoft Direct online from their official Web Sight. I could get a 7 Home premium Product Key when am paid. other than that what about running a XP OS on a Xeon with a Raid and Tape drive set up.

from the Ubuntu command line...
"sudo apt-get install gnome" will install a GUI and all dependencies.

For ease of use... you'll probably be better of on a Windows box :tongue:

This. Been dealing with a lot of ubuntu, centos, debian, lately. I never really used to like linux, but once u really get to know it, and work with it a lot, it grows on you.

Is it possible to buy a License Key from Microsoft Direct online from their official Web Sight. I could get a 7 Home premium Product Key when am paid. other than that what about running a XP OS on a Xeon with a Raid and Tape drive set up.

XP would be a bad decision unless it's not going to be online and you *need* it because of older software.

Back
Top Bottom