Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCoffee

Fully Optimized
So which is currently the best IM client for Linux / Which do you prefer and why?

Pidgin. It is all in one. Plus there are plug ins for IRC and other things like that. You can connect to everything from MSN to JAbber to GMail to MySpace. Plus it has a simple interface to use.

Don't forget to add aMSN to that list, very simmiler to the offical MSN easy to use.

Pidgin, 'cause it was pre-installed and I don't use instant messaging very much.

I used pidgin on XP and it was fine but on linux it seems to be full of bugs, it crashes all the time so I am looking for an alternative really.

aMSN, all my contacts use MSN. aMSN has a wonderful interface and features. it took me all of 3 seconds to convince a devout windows user to switch to aMSN from windows live messenger.

i also like Pidgin due to it's simple and universal nature, the spell checking is an interesting if some what redundant feature for an IM client.

in the past GAIM was a good friend to me and like Pidgin, with a plugin or two it can do just about anything. if i remember correctly Pidgin is a fork of GAIM?

GAIM changed its name to Pidgin when they released a version 2. I think it was because AOL complained, I'm not sure.

Pidgin. It has support for everything and I like the ThinkLight plugin that blinks the keyboard LED when I get a message. I also use it in XP and other OS'es.

kopete's alright, but i voted for pidgin because it's ten times better than any client for windows, linux, or mac (and it runs on both windows and linux)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom